Friday, August 8, 2008

The Missing Centerpieces...


My wonderful new husband and I returned from our amazing honeymoon and magical wedding. Everything had gone perfect, and we could not have been happier. We got back into our new life at home, and began sorting out things post-wedding. A few weeks passed when I dug out all of our wedding center pieces to take inventory and begin the process of selling them on Craig's list. To my surprise, I noticed two vases missing from my grand total. I questioned my new husband, who knew nothing of the issue, and told me to let it go. So, I went about things and posted the ad to recoup the costs on my expensive spend...



Approximately 5 months later...... a friend of mine had a baby! I was very excited about the new addition to the family, and couldn't wait to see pictures. As is the tradition now a days, all of the pictures were posted on Myspace. I quickly went to her page to see 'the bundle of joy', and was surprised to see 'new house pictures' posted as well. I started thumbing through the photos, when....there it was! Filed under 'front bedroom' was a shot of the missing two vases, used as lovely decor in her new home. Well, you can imagine this came as quite a surprise to me.



(5 months earlier....the night of the wedding). This friend had attended our wedding with her husband, and unborn baby. During the activities of the night we had several people coming to us with there well wishes for our future. When we came to this particular friend, she couldn't talk about anything other than my center pieces, and how much she wanted to buy them from me. I was certainly enthusiastic that she liked them so much, but thought that we could discuss the issue later. So, I said we could talk about it after the honeymoon, and that was that. I never heard from her again, and the vases were never mentioned after that point.



Reality. We realized that our friend, husband, and unborn baby had hung around for the rest of the wedding. At the end of the night, while everyone was packing up, she and her husband smuggled out two of the vases along with some other small pieces of decoration. She never mentioned it to anyone or myself...until the pictures.

1 comment:

MC said...

haha...I wonder if she put them under her dress?