Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My New Car...

I was in Denver for work this week and since I arrived on a plane I obviously needed a car to get me around when I was in town for three days. Rent a a car, right? Of course not, I just bought one while I was out there and drove it around for a couple days. I had to take a flight home though, so, the car had to stay in Denver. I guess I'll just never be able to use it again. Well, maybe I will use it if I ever go back to Denver, but chances are that it will stay in the exact same spot where I left it when I was done using it. Sure, it was a really nice car and I did need it when I was there, but it did cost a lot of money. Now that I think about it, I probably could have rented a car out there and saved a lot of money. Not just a lot of money, but a LARGE amount of money. In fact, I bet that I could have rented a car for less than 1% of what it cost me to buy that car. However, if I rented a car then I would never have 'my new car' just sitting there taking up space waiting for me just in the event that I decide to go back to Denver.

That story sounds pretty dumb..............but I'm sure it would sound smart if I changed "car" to "wedding dress" and changed "trip to Denver" to "wedding".............or would it?

No comments: